A long marriage is two people trying to dance a
duet and two solos at the same time.

-Anne Taylor
Fleming


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just being me.

Over the past six months while decorating our new home, Ive really come to realize my sense of style.  What I like, dislike, lean towards and run away from.  I like classic, fresh and cozy.  Nothing too modern and nothing too antique.  I like natural and distressed over industrial and polished.  Dark wood, white washed knick knacks, flowering branches, and a few unexpected items thrown in here and there are my kind of thing.  In a nutshell:




But while shopping for new clothes for my new job, Ive realized those same adjectives I used to describe the style I like in our home applies to the style I wear on a daily basis.  No matter what trends are in, out, or on the verge of happening, I have always had the same sense of style.  Neutral, classic and simple.  Dont get me wrong, Ive tried the "in" trends and sometimes they work and sometimes they dont.  But I always seem to go back to what I have always liked.  My shoes are about the only things that I sometimes venture outside the box with.  Im perfectly comfortable wearing a cheetah print pump with a pair of dark jeans and a classic cardigan...in fact, I prefer it.  I like those unexpected items thrown into an otherwise classic ensemble.  Dark denim, girly tops, and peep-toe platform pumps are my staple. 

Im Banana Republic mixed with a dash of Ann Taylor and a sprinkle of Steve Madden:

    
As far as hair and makeup, I have always had the same preferences: Side swept bangs, brown eyeshadow, pink blush and plain ol' Chapstick.  No matter what new style or products I try, I always seem to go back to that.
So, while Ill continue to have fun trying new things in life, I will also have fun being me.  Its nice knowing that amongst all the hoopla and hype, I know who I am....and I happen to like who I am :o)







No comments:

Post a Comment